Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Do you know me?

I was pretty sure I had this down in Kindergarten. At least I thought I did.

Making connections.

Don't get me wrong, I know how to make friends. How to be a friend. How to be friendly. The one thing I'm not sure of though is how to let people get to know me.

I have a few close friends who know me inside and out. They know my good. They know my bad. They know my failures. They know my triumphs. These are they ones I spend the most time with. The ones I know who genuinely care about me.

But what about the others? It's not that I value them less, because I don't. It's just that I haven't let them in completely.

Around them, I'm quiet. A watcher. A listener. A people reader.

When did I become so guarded?

Some of my "friends" have only ever met the "me" I allow them to meet. The careful me. The me who watches what she says. The me who doesn't laugh too loudly. The me who only lets you into her "surface" self because shes afraid you won't like who she really is deep down.

Things need to change. Things WILL change.

I've decided that I am making my resolution lists early this year, and I will be making them public. This is the first of many personal posts that I will be sharing with you all.

Thanks for reading. :)




1 comment:

  1. Love you Dina!! Now, when you embark on this cruise, don't go making such drastic changes to where you return a completely different dina that has become married - that is unless he is a tri-billion-jillion-millionaire. Then all is forgiven.

    ReplyDelete