Monday, January 30, 2012

The end of the month is here and I wanted to evaluate my "January 2012 Mini Goals."

At the beginning of the year I challenged myself to not make a year long resolutions, but rather shorter monthly goals to work on.

January goals were to:

1.  Get more organized

2. Try to make $100 in sales this month and set that aside for a new laptop.

So...how did I do?

I'm really been proud of myself in getting things organized for church and volunteer activities!   *yea me!*

I usually just have huge piles of  papers and know what pile holds what info...but now I have notebooks and folders holding all of my info together.

ALSO....I bought  myself a cheap $1.00 monthly calendar to keep in my purse to organize my "thoughts" and obligations.  Normally I 'try' to keep all my activities in my head but that doesn't work out too well.



As you can see...Feb is filling up nicely!


So how did I do on my second goal to try to make $100 is sales and put that aside?

Well.....as much as I tried...I only made a little over $50.00. I would love to tell you all that I saved it...but I can't.  I needed the money for a bill.  I am however So thankful to the LORD for allowing me the means to pay that bill.

Now onto February goals!

1.  I'd like to again try to reach $100 in sales for this month and try to set it aside for a new laptop.


2.  MY LIVING ROOM!!!!  I need a new couch (not sure how to handle this problem yet), to steam clean the carpet, and then I can have fun DECORATING!!  (I'm looking forward to this goal.)

How are y'all doing with your goals and/or resolutions?

3 comments:

  1. I love setting goals as I hate not meeting them. Therefore, It's a win win for me. I usually meet the goals I set unless they are very physicaly demanding. Then it's a crap shoot. I love how obtainable you set your sights. Not over reaching. This is a good way for you to keep pressure at bay. Hugs. T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only just recently started making smaller more attainable goals... really like it!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I need to do this on a monthly basis...! I'm inspired :)

    ReplyDelete